Monday, January 5, 2009

Dominique Franks States the Obvious


(Hey Texas, this is what Miami looks like in January. Good luck with Ohio State tonight wherever the hell your bowl is.)

So ESPN printed this article about one of our cornerbacks (I’m not sure which corner he plays), Dominique Franks. I just call him Larry, because he looks like a Larry to me. Dominique is hard to remember.
Anyway, Larry says to some reporter that the Big 12 has the best three quarterbacks in the country – myself, Colt, and Graham.

Newsflash - there is nothing newsworthy about that statement!

Newsworthy would be me climbing the four seasons hotel with no rope or safety precautions of any kind like I did last night. Newsworthy would be me running a 4.3 40 with a ruptured spleen 15 minutes after eating four blocks of provolone like I did two years ago. Newsworthy would be me throwing an incompletion that was my fault which last happened in October… of 2007.

Tim Tebow being the fourth best QB in the Big 12? That is nothing worthy of being put in print.

The thing that should be in print is the answer to the question of: Is Tim Tebow the fourth best QB in the Big 12?
Let me answer that for you - the answer is 100% false. Of course he wouldn’t be the fourth best QB in the Big 12.
Tim Tebow would have been the 11th best QB in the Big 12, and that’s only because I’m not sure if Iowa State has a QB on their roster (I’ll have my personal assistant, DeMarco, look that up for me that is if his missing hamstring doesn’t prevent him from doing some research like it supposedly does from running a football).

All Larry did was state a partial-truth and nothing more. It was not worthy of the coverage ESPN is giving it.


(The eyes of a champion, baby! Your champion! And your girlfriend's too.)

No comments: