Monday, December 15, 2008

Boomah! Me And Billy Downtown NYC

OK, Sammy-faithful, there has been a lot made of Saturday night's Heisman Trophy presentation when former OU badass Billy Sims yelled out "Boomah!" about 800 times on my way up to the podium for my acceptance speech. Some fans were embarrassed. Others thought it was funny. Let me give you my take:

If I was embarassed by Billy, I would have just walked up there punched him in the nutsack and yelled out "Boomah!" as he was falling to the ground. Look, Billy was probably just hopped up on some of that Sammy-juice and cheebah cheebah. He was just expressing his enthusiasm for the greatest player in OU history, and I appreciate that. Maybe he hopes he can be my agent or body guard or accountant one day. I don't know and I don't care because when he played like 60 years ago or whatever, the man could ball. And if you can ball, you are alright with me.

I looked back through my notes from years past and at one time when I was about 13, my dad told me about this OU running back named Billy Sims and how awesome he was. So, upon that recommendation, I considered Billy Sims one of the baddest men on the planet as you can see below. This is a short excerpt from my monthly publication circa 2000: "Sam's Baddest Men on the Planet" list:

#3 Billy Sims

The smile. The charm. The fro! This dude couldn't be stopped from what my dad says. I'm sure he made all of his child support payments and instead of feeding his kids, his first wife just went and got lypo for your money. We want pre-nup! We want pre-nup!

#2 Samuel L. Jackson

Two words for you: "Pulp" and "Fiction." Sometimes when I am at the line of scrimmage under center, instead of audibling, I just yell out "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

And, for the 156th month in a row...
#1 Sam Bradford

Living the dream, baby. Living the dream. Living your dream too.

No comments: