Friday, December 12, 2008

I Wish The Davey O'Brien Award Was Made of Cheese



Another day, another trophy. So I just won this trophy yesterday in Orlando. It's called the Davey O'Brien trophy (and it's not made of cheese; funny joke, dad, very funny). So, I was really ok with winning this award until I found out that this Irish QB named Davey, whom the trophy was named after, was from Texas.

What's crazy is that this dude sat on the bench behind Sammy Baugh (the other trophy I just recently won) for two years at TCU before he got to start. I've been a starter in everything I've done since the moment I was born. When I was in the nursery, I was first team crier. I out-cried all those other loser babies. I started on the high school basketball team. When I 8. But, I digress. Anyway, after that, O'Brien became a starter and led TCU to an undefeated record the next year (I doubt they played OU that year).

Anyway, when he got done at TCU, he played for the Philadelphia Eagles beginning in 1877 or some time around then, and they paid him like $25 a game and that was like being a millionnaire or something back then. I zoned out after that until they called my name.

Anyway, you might check out ebay next week if you have any interest in purchasing this trophy.

No comments: